Using Price Levels in QuickBooks
Using Price Levels in QuickBooks Desktop Premier
In order to use price levels, you must first set up the preference in QuickBooks.
Click on “Edit” > “Preferences”> “Sales & Customers”>click the “Company” tab and at the bottom be sure the “Enable Price Levels” button is clicked.
You can use price levels for Estimates, Invoices, and Sales Receipts.
First you must set up the price level.
1) Click on “Lists” > “Price Level List”.
2) At the bottom of the screen click on the arrow next to “Price Level” and click “New”.
3) Give your price level a name. IE… if it is for a specific customer you could use the customer name.
4) If it is a fixed percent then click on “Price level type”, click on “Fixed %”.
5) If it is an amount you would like to add to a specific item then click on the items you would like to change.
6) Click on “adjust first”, then click each item and change the amount under the custom price column.
7) After you finish with this, go to the customer center, you need to assign the price levels to the customer.
8) Double click on the customer and click on “payment settings”. Click on the drop down for price levels and add the appropriate one for that customer.
Now when you create your customer estimates, invoices and sales receipts QuickBooks will automatically assign the correct price level.
Diana OHalloran | 07/31/2017